Microsoft Exam 52% OFF Plus Second Shot Vouchers

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by TechBoy, Dec 8, 2010.

1. TechBoy

TechBoy Bit Poster

Hi,
    Just got email from Microsoft regarding discount on their 72 series student exams. You get 52% off the price and also get a second shot if you dont pass the first time. Hope this helps any students looking to sit the exams.
    The link is http://www.microsoft.com/learning/student-career/en/us/career-offer.aspx

Thanks

TechBoy :eek:

Certifications: Comptia A+ (2009), MCDST
    WIP: Comptia Network+, MCAS
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Pushing MCAD upgrade to uncertified inexperienced students ? Someone in Microsoft certification is seriously out of touch with regard to their development cert tracks...

I guess only marketing and business types work at MS now...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

"Students" is a vague generalisation. If an IT Pro is enrolled on a Professional course, eg a part-time course at College, s/he can take advantage of reduced prices.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Its worth noting that I had a real rough time trying to book a discounted 72 exam. Things may be diffrent now or others may have had diffrent experances, but here mine...

Im a part-time BSc Student with a valid student membership card. I tried to book a discounted 72 series exam online though prometric back in Febuary this year... but it appears their website won't accept bookings for these exams online. I had to phone spoke to a very helpful (well not really that much helpful, but ploite) person who tried to book the exam for me (I'm based just north of cardiff so take all my exams in cardiff). It appears that not all test centers take bookings for the 72 series, and at the time the nearest one to me was in London or around the birmingham area.

Student discounted exams my ar5e!:twisted:

Explinations ranged from "you have to be a microsoft student" (WTF that means I have no idea) to "discount exams can only be taken in a test center if you are a student studying a microsoft cert course at the center"

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE