Microsoft cert practice materials

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by gayscoffier, Jul 18, 2012.

1. gayscoffier

gayscoffier Banned

Hello all, I am currently working on my 70-642, I have classes for it at school, though it doesn't require certification. I am finding the text pitifully inadequate and microsoft.com/elearning is even worse. Programs such as cbtnugget are out of the question - I just don't have a thousand dollars to drop. (My ultimate goal is mcitp ea) Does anyone here have any recommendations for free or low cost resources for study? Even just a page of scenarios that I can play out on my 2008 r2 boot on my laptop would be good to learn my way around the system and its inner workings. I have done some virtualization for some of my practice in other areas but where I am now is completely new territory that I am just not familiar with yet to be able to configure the virtual machines in a real world scenario. Practice tests were my greatest ally in my comptia certs but am having a hard time tracking down legal practice tests for microsoft. Any help that you guys have to offer would be much appreciated.

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

What certs have you got at the moment?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. gayscoffier

gayscoffier Banned

I have A+, Server+, Network+ and Security+