meyers network+ ?????

Discussion in 'Network+' started by acepal, Dec 15, 2005.

1. acepal

acepal Bit Poster

can anyone tell me whats not covered in the mike meyers all in one book.as ive been using it and feel ready for the exam.but i see some say its not as good as his a+ book.if anyone can help it would put my mind at rest.thanks

Certifications: A+,NETWORK+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Try looking here for the latest objective covered by the Network+ exam.

See if any of them are missed out of your book.

8)

3. acepal

acepal Bit Poster

all covered but i presume by some comments about the book that some subjects are not covered in enough depth

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

This is where further reading is required, acepal. Now you need to use the net to find the extra resources to fill any gaps. Your first stop should always be the (still free) Cramsession Guides

Hope this is of help :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

My own view is that he covers the ground, but isn't quite as clear/accurate as his A+ book. IMHO it is the better of the two books on N+ that I have, the other being the Sybex book.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Meyers does A+ the best in his all-in-one book but the reviews aren't as strong for his work with the Network+.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

I have heard that the Meyers book is an easier read than some other networking books. Is that true?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well, the first N+ book i bought was the Sybex one. It is very "matter of fact" but quite dry. Ok, it isn't supposed to be a novel but the Mike MYers N+ All in One is easy to read and as far as i can see covers all you need.

As Gav said, look on the net for any swotting up in any grey areas you aren't sure of or want more info on. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. acepal

acepal Bit Poster

yes mike meyers is allways a good read.im thinking of starting my study for 70-270 with his book on the suject

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

ummm that might not be a good idea.. cause if im pressuming correct you are thinking of the passport book for Windows XP? If this is your first taste of MCSE or you are new to IT you might want to look at the MS press or Sybex or even both books for this exam..

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  11. P3-450

P3-450 Bit Poster

I have found that the Mike Myers N+ book to be very helpful and easy to understand, he also makes it fun to read which always helps. I love it, sometimes I can go through 2 hours reading without even realising it :biggrin

I have the sybex N+ study book too, but I just found it dull and not as easy to understand so I lost interest very quickly in it.

Certifications: A+ DCSE
    WIP: N+ and MCSA