meyer's A+ books :)

Discussion in 'A+' started by Smiten, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Smiten

Smiten Bit Poster

which one of these books would be best to buy? to help me with my A+ course.
    im having a problem spotting the difference's if there are any between they mike meyer's A+ books sold at Amazon

because i don't want to buy one then be told that they other one was more better in some way.lol and thankyou this has been driving me mad

Admin (J): Moved to A+

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA,A+N+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Smitten, you may want to modify your link, as it goes to a shopping basket, and not the product.

I believe that the more expensive of the two Meyers books is the one to go for, but don't quote me on that!

8)

3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

In the details of the book (Scroll down) it should have the published date of the books and you need to buy the latest one which is this one.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Smitten,

The book you need is Mike Myers All in One Cert guide (ISBN 0072229918) for the 2003 objectives. I have noticed with some sites that they offer you the oldest written book first!
    The passport is more of a summed up version which is alright if you have already covered the material.

I haven't pasted a link in because sly already has and it takes you to N+...

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. michael78

oops :oops:

Link corrected now...:biggrin Also spotted that an update to the book is out June 2006

Boyce you have missed the 8 off the isbn so that makes it 1-1 for mistakes...:tune

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I'll have a pint of what you are having :thumbleft :morebeer

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. michael78

lol your paying though :cheeseyg