Meyers 5th editon

Discussion in 'A+' started by Neil351, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Neil351

Neil351 New Member

I have just recieved my copy of All In One A+ Certification Exam Guide 5th Edition.

I forgot to check the edition before buying :oops: I think I heard somewhere that the 6th edition is out.

Could I still use the 5th edition to get me through the exams or would I need to get the 6th?

WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd always go with the latest edition. It's the latest edition for a reason... see if you can do a swap for the 6th.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The 5th edition was released in 2003 and the 6th edition was released in 2007. I would say as long as you do not use that as your only reference, you may be ok, the only thing that the book wouldn't cover, imo, are the new customer service aspects. I passed the Network+ exam with the book from the previous version.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Neil351

Neil351 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies.

Will try to do a swap, just in case.

No big deal. Just a bit annoyed because I wanted to get started straight away :(

WIP: CompTIA A+