Meraki: (Certified Meraki Network Operator)

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Jaron78, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever attended the above one day course?
    Seems pretty cool for nothing. Applied for a course on the 2nd Feb.

6 Hour course and you get the CMNO Cert. I guess it doesn't hold much relevance compared to a CCNA etc but for nothing its not too bad.

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Isit all online mate or do you attend a physical class?

3. Jaron78

All Online mate.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hmm I would do it but dont feel comfortable putting in company details..

5. Jaron78

Only my work email mate. Want the free stuff sent to my home ;)

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Worth a look - worked on a few Meraki projects and seems to be a good product.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Did you hear back from them?

8. Jaron78

Denied mate.
    Apparently we are not an official partner so Computer says No!

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You need to be a cisco partner? No mention of that at first glance.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Thanks for this. We do a lot of work with Meraki already so would be good to get some theory.

Hopefully get accepted :D

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  11. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I saw no mention of this..,

12. Jaron78

13. BB88

I got an email yesterday saying they are still processing and should expect a response inside two business days.

We are a certified Meraki partner already and sell/configure these quite regularly.

If accepted, I'll provide feedback on the course.

14. BB88

I got accepted on the course. Will post my feedback after completing this week.

15. BB88

I took the course on Friday 19th January which ran from 10:30 - 17:30. The instructors of the course appeared to be mostly knowledgeable of the hardware and software but I felt like some of my questions weren't fully answered. It was often difficult to fully understand what was being said due to the pace they were talking at. In hindsight, it wasn't an issue for the technical sections which followed (in my view anyway).

It was broken down into three sections:
    1. PowerPoint presentation with three or four demonstrations showing the Dashboard looking at the stack we would be tested on.
    2. Part A - Hands-on Lab configuring the stack. Included was ~40 page .PDF document which had everything we needed to complete each objective. We also used a communications platform to converse with the instructors and fellow classmates which was a nice touch.
    3. Part B - Hands-on Troubleshooting the Lab we just built and the instructors had "broken".
    I found Part B more fun than Part A and there were some sneaky ways they broke things. If you understood what you set up in Part A, you had a good idea of what to look for in Part B with the addition of some configurations which weren't set up in Part A. You were able to go back and re-do sections of Part A if Part B required it.

Passing mark for the day was 80% and we should get results within 7 days.

Although the course was free (assuming you meet the criteria) I found it beneficial to learn about other products which Meraki offer which haven't yet been released outside of North America and Canada. Typically, I currently work with the MR/MX/MS devices.

If you are eligible to take it, familiarity with basic networking concepts and configuring network infrastructure would be advantageous.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

JK2447 likes this.
  16. Jaron78

So sorry, I totally missed this response mate.
    How did it go? Did you get the pass mark?

17. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I like the Meraki stuff (I have the POE switch as well as the AP) but in all honesty I would probably stick with main stream Cisco rather than this, for a start I am not 100% keen on the internet based config / management but that's just me.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA