measureup

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by gulbash, Jan 12, 2011.

1. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Hi, how good is measureup practice exams for MCDST? I understand transcender is probably the best? I'm on a low budget, the measureup exams are way more cheaper than the transcender ones. From what i heard, measureup is just as good as transcsender, not sure about this. I think the sybex deluxe edition, cbt nugget videos and one of the exam engines should be enough for me to pass. So measureup or transcender, any advice? Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  2. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Personal opinion:

I found the measure up harder than transcender. Yes, measure up did give me knowledge and filled my gaps but transcender was closer to the real exam.

I would go with transcender, although both are good practice exams.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  3. Phil182

Phil182 Nibble Poster

Good enough to pass the exams...

I used MeasureUp (from the exam cram books) and the MS Review Suite (Powered by MeasureUp) I used both sets as this offered a wider selection of questions on the same topics. I also used CBT Nugget vids which did the trick for me.

I've not used transcender tests myself...

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-271, NVQ IT Practitioner
    WIP: MCTS: SQL Server 2008
  4. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Is the meaureup practice exams from the MS press book review the same as the exams that the meaureup site have up for sale for the MCDST programme? I have the MS press books to study from now, plus the sybex book. But should i purchase these exams to practice? Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  5. Phil182

Phil182 Nibble Poster

I don't think so, they may be the same as the MeasureUp test froms 'Exam Cram' books, the MS tests are 'powered' by MeasureUp but most likely contain different questions to the one on the MeasureUp site.

It's hard to know for sure as I didn't buy them directly from the site, they came with the books I bought.

MS press book exam contains 300 test questions so this should be enough to get an idea of your strong and weak points. Also read up on sections in the MS knowledge base and if possible create your own lab to solidify the material you cover.

Phil.

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-271, NVQ IT Practitioner
    WIP: MCTS: SQL Server 2008