MCSE Training

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Skeates, May 18, 2013.

1. Skeates

Skeates New Member

Good day.

I'm currently looking into Microsoft Certifications. I currently hold an A+ from about 14 years ago and a number of Apple desktop and server certifications. I'm currently self employed and my work is starting to take me into the MS world more and more. I was looking into the MCSE 2012 although 2008 might be better (not sure if 2008 has an MCSE from various topics I have seen).

At the moment I don't really have time to self study as I have a lot on so I was think about doing a training course.I'm based in London and was wondering if anyone could suggest any training centres. I've seen a number of prices ranging from £600 to £8000. I gather most of that is down to the quality of the training your going to receive.

I'd be grateful for any any advice.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It really depends on your current experience because the MCITP (old Windows 2008 Certs) or the new MCSA\E's expect you to have a good 12 - 18 months of exposure to those technologies but if you have the experience and the time I would probably have a look at Firebrand Training, I did my 2008 MCITP's with them a couple of years ago and they were good for me (I had the experience, I was a contractor at the time and I needed to get things done relatively quickly as I have a young family so self study just didn't work for me).

The boot camp experience isn't for everyone as it's really aimed at the experienced engineer wanting to get certifications done quickly and back in the office, the style of training certainly doesn't suit someone with little to no experience with the technologies because it crams in a lot of material in a short time.

I would also give 360GSP a shout as well, although I haven't attended any of their Microsoft course I and a couple of the guys from here can attest to their VMware VCP training and you may well find that they also offer their Microsoft courses on the weekends (check with Angel tho because they may well not).

You also have the likes of QA and Global Knowledge who would offer training.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA