MCSE 2008/MCITP Training Boot Camp In INDIA

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by TheITCrowd, Feb 25, 2011.

1. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

There is a banner add on here by Google advertising Boot camps in India, I thought you had to be a resident in India to take exams via Prometric now?
    I assume they must have a way round it....

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think it will be just the bootcamp not the exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

I think they include the exams as well. I know a guy who is planning to go and do some Cisco\MS stuff.
    For example have a look at this . At the bottom it mentions exam fee.

Mods, please delete if it is not allowed to post training provider links.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  4. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Crazy, maybe you can take the exams in India then.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Apparently you can still take the exams there but you need to present your passport and fill out an extra form at the exam centre. Not sure whats thats all about, appears MS/Prometric backtracked on their ban on non-indian nationals taking exams in India.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just because they advertise on Google doesn't mean that they're allowed to administer exams to foreigners. Do you guys believe everything you read in adverts? I hope not... :blink

EDIT: Microsoft's policy has not changed:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

But surely it's down to the individual testing centre to enforce the rules?

I've been to all kinds of testing centres and even over here they vary from being tight as a**holes to being slack as a wizard's sleeve.

All of these forms and documents need to be signed and filed away for 100 years on the off chance that you might get audited by Prometric one day. How often does it actually happen?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. BosonMichael

It is my understanding that if you are not listed as a resident of that country in Prometric's database (and/or perhaps Microsoft's database), you will not be able to get credit for the exam. I may be wrong; after all, I have never attempted to circumvent Microsoft's rules by testing in a braindump haven country.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

They have a database that tells them where I live? :eek:

Big brother!

I'm not sure either. I know things have been changing, what with the need to photograph students etc, but at the end of the day, they only proof they have that the rules have been properly enforced (i.e. you have the required ID, you have not taken your phone/PDA/MS Press book in with you, and you have been properly invigilated) seems to rest with complete faith in the dolly bird at reception. :biggrin

11. BosonMichael

Considering Microsoft and Prometric already have it on record that I live in the US, how would I be able to get around their policy, regardless of whether the receptionist wink-nudged me into their testing center?

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I dunno mate.
    I'm not going to argue with an ex-army intelligence guy about anything! 8)

But maybe it comes down to 'who guards the guards'.
    After all, when you register to take an exam, or turn up for one, or pass one - given the millions of people around the world - how many checks is it likely that MS or Prometric make?

In theory, they could check out where you live and what your favorite food is using XML - the odds are though, that they simply don't bother. Do they really care?

As I've said before - Prometric get their pennies for letting you go there to test and MS get another logo out there in the world.

But I really don't know - I'm just having the conversation... :oops:

13. BosonMichael

I don't pretend to have all the answers. :) Just thinking from a logical point of view, knowing what little I know of the process.

It wouldn't be hard to restrict people at the point where they're registering for the exam: if nativecountry != India, do not allow registration. You know, I could do a quick test to see whether they do it that way... :hhhmmm

Nor would it be hard to automatically flag exam results that appear from these countries: if nativecountry != India, reject exam score.

In short, no manual "checks" have to be done. Everything's automated these days.

I think they do. If they didn't, why would they bother creating the restrictions in the first place?

I agree that Prometric wants more money and Microsoft wants more certified techs out there... but Microsoft doesn't want hired guns taking exams for people in exchange for cash. Nor do they want people attending glorified mass braindump "training" sessions. And that's what was happening in these countries (and likely still is, for those who live in those countries).

Yep... I don't know for sure, either. It's just speculation from both of us, really. Good conversation, though!

14. BosonMichael

Well... I tried to register for an exam in India... and it let me get all the way to the payment screen. Perhaps you are indeed correct that NO automated checking is done, leaving the verification to those in the testing centers. But why would Microsoft entrust security to those who have been known to allow unethical behavior in the first place?!? :blink The mind boggles.

15. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have taken MS exams in India. I think JonnyMX has pretty much hit the nail on the head (as always Jon!).

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  16. BosonMichael

Hopefully not in the past couple years! :ohmy

Not the nail on the head... the exams in India. :p hee!

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

No.
    Boycie popped out to India on a quest many, many years ago.
    If he chooses to share his experiences, then so be it.
    I think it mostly revolves around having no Internet connection...:blink

The only nails that he mentioned were the ones he had to sleep on every night.

Ouch!

18. Boycie
    Honorary Member

I remember it well. Happy times during my time with the 23A Splott regiment. Thanks for the rep by the way!

Indeed! It was a very enjoyable 27 days! I learnt a lot, met many people (whom I am still in contact with) and passed the exams too!
    I can highly recommend Koenig and look forward to returning!

19. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It sounded tidy.

As long as fish-head curry is your breakfast of choice!
    (As I recall, in Sri Lanka, it wasn't mine!)

At the end of the day, this comes down to the good/bad TP discussion...

20. Boycie
    Honorary Member

it makes good sense in my opinion. combine a nice location, meeting people in the same field, small classes, peace from work and other distractions. magic!