MCSD Resources

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by GPSnet, Jun 4, 2008.

1. GPSnet

GPSnet New Member

Hello!
    I have tree books: "Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 2005: The Language", "Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications Advanced Topics" and "Microsoft ADO.NET Step by Step" and I want to ask you how you think for these books as resources for the MCSD, especially for these exams: 70-305, 70-306. Can these books can help me to pass most of the exams from MCSD?

Thank you!

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I used the step by step book.
    I found it really helpful.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. GPSnet

GPSnet New Member

Which books exactly you used ?

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

For 305 I used ASP.NET Kick Start (SAMS) and Prep Logic 70-305 (Mike Gunderloy) amongst others.
    I also had the MS Press MCSD box set, as that's one of the only places to find references to 70-300.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. LayaboutSi

LayaboutSi Bit Poster

I used two Que books written by Amit Kalani but they were written for the C# exams. The content was excellent and definitely gave me the input I needed to pass the exams. I also used the Exam Cram 2 books to scan through and refresh my mind in the lead up to the exams.

However, the books were old and many of the examples had to be tinkered with to work in Visual Studio 2005. I have already read books on ADO.NET and ASP.NET and these were ok, but the MCAD exams are based on .NET 1.1 and some big changes happened to database and web components between 1.1 and 2.0 - so be warned that the content may not be all there.

If you are interested, the link to the 315 exam is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789728222

I struggled to get my hands on the equivalent book for 316, but eventually found a seller on ebay.

Certifications: Prince2, MCAD, MCSD, 70-431
    WIP: Advanced chillout