MCSD Reinvented for the Cloud

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jun 12, 2012.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

MCSD Reinvented for the Cloud

Microsoft has reinvented the MCSD for the cloud and the future of the applications marketplace. The MCSD addresses new skills and a broader audience, including next generation of developers who thrive on leading edge technology.

The first MCSD certification, called MCSD: Windows Metro Style Apps , is for developers who want the skills to create amazing apps for Windows 8. With Windows 8, developers can build these applications using multiple programming approaches, including C# and HTML5 with JavaScript, that work across devices.

More information here

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. dmarsh
      dmarsh
      It will require recertification every two years, they don't say how, but sounds pretty onerous to me...
    2. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Every two years? And I thought every 3 years for the "support" versions of the MCSA/MCSE was short...
    3. BB88
      BB88
      Weather Forecasters have trouble predicting the clouds whereabouts, so two years doesn't seem too bad to be up-to-date with the cloud.
    4. dmarsh
      dmarsh
      Haha very funny, but as I've said elsewhere, I don't believe computer proctored certification to be that useful for proving 'upto dateness'.

I just don't buy it. At best it proves you could pass a certain type of fairly narrow test at some point in time.

Certification arguably should not be offered at all if they think the important skills and knowledge of the area changes that fast...