mcsa

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dragonslayer, Aug 21, 2006.

1. dragonslayer

dragonslayer New Member

Hi all
    i am having a meeting tomorrow with a man from the local college who informs me that the mcsa is the way forward for me and whilst looking about trying to find as much information as i could on the course and job prospects, i stumbled upon this forum and decided that i will probably need much help over the coming months and so have joined up.
    I am a mother of four and need a new challenge in life with a decent job at the end so heres to going back to studying I'm guessing that i'm in for a hard time but i'm looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

so hi to everyone, wish me luck as i start my journey.

WIP: mcsa
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF and good luck :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!:biggrin

Even though doing it through a college will be cheaper (hopefully) - for you the MCSA might not be a good starting point.. Microsoft suggest you have 1 years experience before you do the MCSA and alot of prior knowledge is required too like Networking... Is this your 1st certification? Do you have any experience? If not then i suggest the A+ and Network+ before the MCSA... The A+ will teach you all the technologies in IT that will be built on as you progress.. Network+ will assist you because certain exams in the MCSA require you know about networking topics such as subnetting...

Good luck with whatever you choose!:thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Welcome to CF:biggrin

Before you sign up to that course make sure you read the small print and do some research on the web about jobs/course available for MCSA. just to get an idea what's out there!

Good luck:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+