MCSA XP expired?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dilly, Aug 24, 2011.

1. dilly

dilly New Member

I basically enrolled on a course about 1 & a half ago & completed the Comptia A+ & 070-270 of the MCSA XP, but I have now past the time period to complete this & I am looking to resume this elsewhere & much closer to home near Birmingham as my training centre was based in Nottingham, which was quite a trip.

Anyway I looked at netcomtrainingsolutions.com & was hoping I could resume the MCSA XP course at a cheaper price due to me already completing the 270, but was told that was due to expire & I am better off doing the MCITP, is this true or are they just trying to get me to sign up to a new course at the full price?

Thanks in advanced.

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I have not heard anything a bout the MCSA expiring... the Only thing related to XP that expired was the MCDST (271,272) exams. From my knowledge and correct me if I am wrong, but the MCSA exams such as 270,290,291,294, etc are still valid so you can still get your MCSA.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Have you considered self study? That's what most people on here do and it works out much cheaper.

Buy yourself a book and some training videos, study at home in your spare time.

Check out the book store from the top NAV/menu bar on this site, it's powered by Amazon so the prices are good!

Hope this helps.

Mercury

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Some electives may have retired, but the MCSA hasn't.
    I guess that maybe the training provider wants to get shot of it and is using an excuse to sign people on the newer certs.

As an aside, no training provider is going to let you sign up any cheaper because you have already done some of the course. They'll always have an excuse why it isn't possible.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD