MCSA leads on to MCAD.

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Paul Petrou, May 14, 2008.

1. Paul Petrou

Paul Petrou New Member

Hello all,
    Bit new here, i'm currently doing some training for the MCSA and the company I am doing it with also offers the MCAD.NET.

Is it worth trying to do this certification? I hear it has gone end of line and M$crosoft are now doing the MCPD, I was told I could do the MCAD and then do a further exam 70-551 which would then upgrade me to the MCPD.

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!!

Thanks
    Paul.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not sure how the MCSA relates to the MCAD, since one is server administration and the other is programming - admins don't program, and programmers don't admin.

I always recommend going for the oldest certification and working forward. You can always "upgrade" an older certification to the latest version... but you can't "downgrade" a newer certification to an older one.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Paul Petrou

Paul Petrou New Member

Thanks for your quick reply, I will look into it.