MCSA Lab

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Island3r, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hi Guys

I've got another question, what do you guys recommend for a testing lab for MCSA study?

I've got 1 PC and laptop thats suitable for XP and 2 PC's thats got just about the right spec for Server W2K3.

How do you think i should proceed? 1 DC, DNS, DHCP etc server as my main server and then use the other one as a member server???

Whats the norm? :blink

Cheers Dudes 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread6507.html

Take a look at the above, it should answer some of your questions. 8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

LOL that was ages ago simon! :oops: i was a total noob then! umm i think you should look into vmware or virtual pc - each has its advantages. Yes you will be able to use your pc's but with vmware (the one is use! :D) its so much easier to just delete a *pc* and reinstall it! When the time comes to practise routing in 291 you will need to get a few NICs and maybe a pc or two more with vmware its just your hard drive capacity limit - and HDD's are pretty cheap these days.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Thanks for the help guys. I've thought about vmware or virtual pc but i think i will go with the actual machines, so that i can see the lab in all its glory (if u know what i mean :D ).

I'm gonna build the lab and buy all the books i need over a few months, cause i'm going to chill out and take a break from certs for a bit and enjoy the sun and world cup :biggrin.

Anyway dudes laters 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH