MCSA Elective Exam Query

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Balbekian, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

Hey all,

Question for those in the know.

I completed my MCDST a couple weeks back and I have just started studying for my MCSA.

For the MCSA, Two exams on networking systems are required.

70-290 - Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    70-291 - Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

One exam on client operating systems is required.

70-620 - TS: Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client
    or
    70-270 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional

An Elective exam is also required. There is a fair few exams on the MS Learning Website that you can choose from for your elective.

Now finally to my question. I noticed in the list of Elective exams that MCDST is listed, having just recently passed 70-271 and 70-272, does that mean one of those exams counts as the elective exam? And I do not need to pick an elective exam to undertake?

Or do I still need to choose a different elective exam to take?

Cheers,

B

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The 70-271 & the 70-272 together make up the MCDST and an elective for the MCSA. Since you already have that, all you need is the client exam (620 or 270), the server exam (290) and the network exam (291) to complete your MCSA :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

Aah yes. One less exam to worry about.

Nice one Ken.

Thanks alot buddy.

:D

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCSA