MCSA and few questions

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by psotek, Jul 10, 2009.

1. psotek

psotek Bit Poster

Hi All,

I decided that I will prepare to MCSA, but few questions,

I've MCDST so it's complete for electives , now 2 core and 1 client OS,I was think that 70-270 will ok, but I read that if I try pass 70-621 (upgrade from MCDST) i will complete towards MCSA client OS, so

elective = MCDST
    client = 70-621 (MCTS and MCITP enterprise)

and 70-290 + 70-291

after that will be MCSA ?

Is that good ?, please help...

Marcin

Certifications: A+.MCDST
    WIP: 70-621
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If you're already MCDST then you need to complete three further exams.

One of the following:-

• Exam 70-620 - TS: Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client
      Completing this will give you the MCTS: Vista certification as well

• Exam 70-621 - Pro: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support
      Completing this will give you the MCTS: Vista certification and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician as well

• Exam 70-270 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
      Completing this will give you no additional certifications
    Both of the following:-

• Exam 70-290 - Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    • Exam 70-291 - Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

Then you'll be MCSA qualified.

Full details can be found here - Link

HTH

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. psotek

psotek Bit Poster

I cant found this info, may I'm blind.... there no information about 621 under link that you show me,

any way I've seen this under my cert planner but I was not sure about.

Thanks for reply.
    marcin

Certifications: A+.MCDST
    WIP: 70-621
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

My apologies. Link for 70-621 info is here.

Basically 70-621 counts as a 70-620 in whichever MS path you decide to follow. It should be visable inside your certification planner (I know mine is)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA