MCSA and beyond..

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by noel123ie, May 14, 2009.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

What ye think ?

I was thinking of doing the mcp 70-284 so I would be

70-620 MCTS done
    MCSA
    MCSA messaging
    Sec+ done
    Linux+

Hope to be mcse by xmas

Is this the right course to take those Windows Server 7 exams will kick off before xmas I think?

Im only at Level one but want to be ready for when ecomomy imporves

Thanks all
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Hi Noel

What is your experiance level at the moment, some of those are quite high level certs and if you have them without the relevant real world experiance it may count against you.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi

Well ive good experience at repairing machine and Ive studied CBTNuggets and read books bit no real hands on networking experience

Im on level one phone support doing basic PC issues. printing SAP etc/ I am cautious over moving jobs as do not want to be the last one in and 1st to go

Job here is guaranteed until November so want to get some certs under my belt

Also Im getting some part time desktop support/sys admin work in the next few weeks so this will help

But i do not want to sit on my hands while Im here

Ive also a diploma in IT which includes A+/Network+

Thanks for reply
    Noel

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would slow down a bit on the MCSE, you've already stated that you don't have hands-on experience with networking. So I doubt very much you'll have experience with designing networks.

You've almost got the MCSA, which is great. Once you've got that, I would say start to look at certs like the ITIL v3 foundation, maybe make a start on the NVQ 3 - general, non-technology specific qualifications, to round you off :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Thanks for taking the time to reply :biggrin

Friend of mine advised to do Linux course which he says will be a big +

I enjoy doing certs and I can always not add these to CV incase Im overcertified and under experienced for any job.?

What is IT market like in UK Im based in Ireland?

Cheers
    Noel