MCPD or MCAD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by garynkill23, Nov 17, 2006.

1. garynkill23

garynkill23 New Member

Hi, I am a newbie to Microsoft .Net framework and programming cause previously had been in the world of Linux and Java but my workplace isn't using that technology so that's too bad. Yeap just want to enquire if I take exams related to MCPD can it help me to attain MCAD since i know there is a upgrade exam for MCAD to MCPD but don't know if there is vice versa. And another thing is that which is more important to have - MCAD or MCPD? Hope you guys can reply soon.

Regards,
    Ken

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi Ken.

As you say, you can upgrade from MCAD to MCPD, but not the other way round. Would you trade your car in for an older one?

I think I've had the MCAD/MCPD conversation a few times in this topic, so have a look around.

In terms of which is the most useful to have - look though the job vacancies in your area. What are employers looking for?

Personally, when recruiting I look for the skills and personality of an applicant and wouldn't base my decision on what version of a cert they had.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD