MCP

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by MrNerdy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I've been offered the chance to do MCP for free in either Windows 2000 Pro or XP.
    Which would offer me more of a chance in getting a job?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Experience. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Behave, BM :rolleyes:

But seriously, neither will offer you better chances of getting *a job*. What is it you're looking for? If it were for personal preference, I'd go for the XP content, as I tend to encounter 2000 a hell of a lot less.

There's more that needs to be taken in to consideration though. Like, what job are you doing at the moment, and if you're not already in IT, what entry level role are you aiming for?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I think that on a job level they are both pretty much the same. Its just that windows XP has some extra features that 2000 doesnt.

Also like Arroryn said there are many more facts you have to take into consideration like not just having the cert but also having the knowledge and experience which gives you a great boost.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA