MCP Welcome Kit

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Island3r, May 4, 2006.

1. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hi guys

I started a post before the website went down but i can't seem to find it so, i've started this one to say that i've received my email with the Access Code today!!!!! :D I've confirmed my details and me welcome kit should b winging it's way to me within a month or 2, can't wait.

Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me

Happy days, have a good weekend

cheers :beers2

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah we had database problems... not to worry! :biggrin

just forget about it and it will come quicker trust me! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Zimbo.

I shall say no more. :biggrin

J. :rolleyes:

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  4. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Nibble Poster

About bloody time eh? :)

Well, glad to hear you eventually got it.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, CCNA
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Don't hold your breath waiting for it. Mines been on it's way more than 2 months now.:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Thats because it's harder to deliver it to the alps...:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It might be more that people tend to confuse Switzerland with Sweden.

Other person: So where do you come from?
    My wife: Switzerland!
    Other person: Thats nice, what's the weather like in Sweden?
    My wife: Don't know but in Switzerland it snows a lot.
    Other person: Do you have many girls called Helga in Sweden?
    My wife: No idea about Sweden but in Switzerland there aren't many.
    Other person: I've heard that Sweden is a great place to go for holidays.
    My wife: I come from..............oh forget it, yeah you're right, Sweden's a great place for holidays.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

LOL sounds like me... here in cyprus africa is a country.. i came from zimbabwe!!! Nigeria? no Zimbabwe! Africa? Yes Zimbabwe! No no africa! Then you just give up! :biggrin

9. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

My mate once told me a story about an argument he had with an American in an English bar in Las Vegas. He asked my mate where he came from and he said Newcastle, England and the bloke looked at him and said there isn't a country called England and that he must mean the UK. My mate then said no I come from England which is part of the UK and they then had an argument about whether or not England is a country. The bloke supposidly told him that he studied Geography at Uni as well...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Try living in Wales.
    There isn't even a word for it in some languages.

Try telling a German that you are Valesisch...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

This is so true. The amount of American people i have spoken to who think that the UK is England only....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  12. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hiya Guys, guess wot......my welcome kit finally came today :D !!!

But i guess you all know its been chucking it down with rain all day today, well expecially here in York. So guess wot the postman did, left the kit outside of my front door in the rain. so its been there since this morning in the wet and when i got home this afternoon it was soaked through :( I'm gutted, after waiting all this time and this happens!!! Oh well wot can u do :cry:

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

that was very quick! 18 days! What condition is the cert in? :biggrin iron it! :biggrin

14. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Nibble Poster

That's a shame. Was it not sealed in celophane? Mine was.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, CCNA
  15. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

What can you do? You can complain to the Royal Mail and make them pay for a replacement is what you can do. My A+ certificate that came in a cardboard backed envelope with "DO NOT BEND" printed all over it, well I'm sure you can guess, was bent and shoved through my letter box. Luckily the cerificate was OK, but I still complained and they did offer to pay for a replacement but I didn't bother.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  16. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you mean you can do that in the UK? In cyprus on the otherhand.. this is what happens.. i order stuff from the uk.. it takes a couple of days to get to my post office down the road - it then sits there because its stamped UK (every anti-uk here..) and i wait 11 days for it to travel 2.3 km. I ask but it arrived here at the post office 11 days ago? The reply was i was lucky to be getting it so go away!

17. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Rule Brittania!:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  18. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hi Guys

Just keeping you updated on my mini MCP cert saga. I sent an email to microsoft explaining what had happened and they said they have sent me a replacement, how cool is that!!!

Oh, and i made a complaint with Royal Mail, they offered to pay for a new one but i just let it go. I just told them that i wanted to make them aware of what had happened.

Anyway Its all smiles again now :D

Have a good Bank Holiday (take a breather from the studying on this one :p )

Laters Dudes and Dudets

19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

To be honest when I got my MCP through the post (left outside the house, but fortunately not wet) I was totally underwhelmed. Credit card seems nice enough, badge, and the certficiate ...

If I had gotten my 4 year old niece to crayon MCP onto a scrap of old paper it would have looked more special than what I got from MS. It's nowhere near as good quality as other certs (academic or professional) in the past.

I expected a nicer looking / quality cert from a company as huge and with the amount of cash that MS has.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

still waiting for mine ...passed in feb
    :cry:

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270