MCP Retake Policy

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by AuroraTech, Aug 21, 2007.

1. AuroraTech

AuroraTech Bit Poster

Is this information correct regarding the retake policy of a 14 day waiting period or is it 30 days which I have heard,
    Many Thanks :D

Aurora Tech

"Microsoft Certification Policies
    If you do not pass an exam the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score a second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the exam a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again. Beta exams may be taken only once.
    Consequences of Violating Testing Center Rules
    Keeping exams as secure as possible helps maintain the value of Microsoft certification and ensures that only qualified information technology (IT) professionals are identified as Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs).
    If a candidate is caught violating testing rules, which are explained to all exam candidates, the candidate is permanently ineligible for any Microsoft certification. Testing center proctors are authorized to take immediate, appropriate measures against candidates who are caught violating testing rules. (Examples of violations include using notes brought into the testing center, copying test questions, and looking at the monitors of other test takers.)
    This policy is enforced to ensure the integrity of certification exams and the MCP program. You can help protect your investment in your certification by making fellow candidates aware of testing rules.
    Enforcement of non-disclosure agreement.
    Microsoft requires all certification candidates to accept the terms of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before taking certification exams. One way Microsoft enforces the NDA is to closely monitor Web sites suspected of publishing exam material and regularly perform searches for MCP exam content. They also follow up on leads provided by MCPs and candidates. As a result of these investigations, owners of seven Web sites were found to be in violation of the non-disclosure agreement by publishing questions from certification exams. The site owners�all certified individuals in Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, and Texas�were immediately decertified and are now permanently ineligible for any Microsoft certification. In addition, as of September 2000, Microsoft has decertified a dozen individuals who had posted information in violation of the NDA on various Web sites. Microsoft can take whatever legal action is justified by the facts of a case and reserves the right to revoke any certifications at its sole discretion. "

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA, MCSE
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's 14 after the second attempt.

CIW exams are 30.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See here:

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. AuroraTech

AuroraTech Bit Poster

Thanks for you input! :D

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA, MCSE
  5. pmidds

pmidds Bit Poster

Best thing I ever did after failing my 70-210 by about 10 points was to retake it 2 days later. I was going to wait a month but the wife pushed and I got over 800.:D

Certifications: MCP 70-210; 70-290; ITIL Foundation v.3
    WIP: MCSE? or CCNA?