MCP, MCSE, etc groups on Facebook

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Just wanted to post a rant, I've got an account on facebook and of course joined a few MCP/MCSE groups, as you do... I have to say that I'm not impress with alot of the people on there. While you can forgive someone who has used braindumps and not known about what they really are (eg. a newbie), you have people on these groups who openly use them (knowing what they are) as well as advertising/asking for them. I hope that they get decertified and banned for life :x

Just my rant of the week (thank goodness it's Sunday)... :x

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just another reason to stay away from these places (which I do).

Look on the bright side - new week = new rant ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

i think i posted a reply on facebook saying that these were illegal, might check up see if i got any replies

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Yes I posted a comment on one of the forums a couple of days ago if you see a profile pic of a man and his daughter next to a cyberman, you know who did it!

Bl**dy braindumpers

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i dont use facebook :p

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have heard of facebook but don't use it either.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

facewhit? Sounds like a waste of time 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That's the reason why this is one of the very few IT sites I visit and I don't really join any social groups regarding anything certifications. Everytime I think I found some good helpful source etc, it turns out to be some cheating club, etc. and people talk about it so proudly!!!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I also have an account on facebook and joined the fan of compTIA A+ group and there are loads on there too. I sent them all a message saying they were all cheats and must suck to have cheated. I wonder why I never got a reply.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I agree! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I use LinkedIn, which has groups for the likes of MCTs, and so on. It's a site for ahem... 'professionals'. :D

Edit: It's good for meeting old buddies too...

Oh, and perhaps we could get a CertForums group set up?

12. Kitkatninja

I use my account on Facebook to keep in touch with friends that aren't in the IT field. I use LinkedIn to keep in touch with co-workers and friends that I've developed thru work/IT, plus it looks and feels more professional :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  13. GiddyG

There you go then... maybe we could set up a LinkedIn group for CF... there are at least three of us that use it, that I know of.

14. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I have a facebook account, but only use it for friends, I dont join any groups on it and do feel most of it is a waste of time.

I also have a LinkedIn account, but dont use it much. Only people listed on my friends there are a few i work with any way.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  15. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Yup ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  16. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

There's a CF group on Facebook that only sees action when the boards are down :)

And there are members on there I don't recognise from gatherings. Come on fess up, who are you?!

I think it's ridiculous that there is yet another 'portal' where people can share their BDs, but with the groups only being moderated by those that create them, it's the integrity of the 'group admin' that comes into question. That being said, you can report them to Facebook for illegal activities....

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  17. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I reported the guy who kens complaining about, and quite rightly too, this guy was peddling c**p

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  18. GiddyG

heh heh... I've been looking on LinkedIn, but Ken hasn't set it up yet... Ken? Ken? Where'd he go? :blink:)

19. Kitkatninja

lol, the group Certforums on Linkedin is pending. Just waiting for it to be approved :)

-ken

20. GiddyG

Phew! Thought I was going to have to take ownership meself then... 8)

Well done that man! :D