1. shveta

shveta New Member

Hi!

Can anybody tell about or suggest that how good is MCITP if I want to do it as my career upgrade.
    What is the future of MCITP? Do I need to do any more certifications or there are good jobs in the market for MCITP professionals?

Certifications: Post graduate diploma in
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, please introduce yourself here (it's part of the community :) )

The MCTS/MCITP route is the new certification program from Microsoft for their new tehcnology dealing with 2008 and above, the MCP/MCSA/MCSE route is the certification program that deals with 2003 and below. Both are current routes.

How good is the MCTS/MCITP program? Well it depends on certain things like: whether you're working with the technology and what the MCTS/MCITP is in.

The higher Professional IT Certifications are there to reflect a persons job role and responsibilities and not to be used as a short-cut or a substitute for experience. If you do not have the relevant work experience, I would strongly recommend the A+, Network+ and the MCDST. If you do have the work experience then go for the certification that reflects what you do.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. shveta

shveta New Member

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I would like to explain my career little bit. I'm an IT Trainer and but I'm not in touch with my subject from last three years. I'm working as Asst. Librarian. But definietly want to go back in IT. I'd my IT education in India and during that time I learned different programming languages including C++, Java, Ad.Java and DBMS SQL8, Unix, VB6 Operating system. While doing my Postgraduation I had subjects like Networking, Artificial Intelligence etc. I want to update myself and want to get a better job in IT instead of an ICT teacher in a school. Please help me out. Here no one is around who can guide me to do the right certification or give me the right direction.

Certifications: Post graduate diploma in
    WIP: MCITP