MCITP VMWare Labs- Which Laptop.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Éireannach, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Éireannach

Éireannach Bit Poster

Hi,

Just looking for some members opinions on this. Basically i have a choice of either of these from work, Both with 2GB RAM and 160GB HDDS. I will be upgrading the ram and storing vms on an external hdd.

A Dell Latitude E6500.
    P8400 CPU
    4GB RAM (Max 8GB).
    Has esata and express card

Latitude E5500
    P9600 CPU
    4GB (Max 4GB)
    NO Sata and has PCMCIA

At this stage i'm heading towards the E6500 due to the esata and support for 8gb ram but the P9600:p is also a huge draw for me.

Any opinions...

Certifications: None :-(
    WIP: MCSA
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

If those are my only 2 choices I'm going with the E6500.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

E6500 - processor may be a tad slower, but the rest of the parts can be alot faster

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Agreed, would also go for the E6500 :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Éireannach

Éireannach Bit Poster

Thanks Lads, i was indeed edging towards the e6500 myself but the old saying get the fastest cpu when it comes to laptop was rearing its head in the back of my mind as i was thinking i would go for a PCMCIA eSata card but the E6500 has the nice metal body that the e5500 does not :-) and the all important higher ram limit. Off to inform IT in an hour, a choice has been made :-).and then to order up a 2 disk raid 0/1 case for some spare 300gb sata drives i have...

Certifications: None :-(
    WIP: MCSA