MCITP Self Paced Kit - Missing Content

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by stevena, Mar 9, 2011.

1. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

I've just realised that there are 2nd Edition's due for all the MS Press books for the MCITP EA certification.

I was wondering if anyone who owned the original 1st Edition of the MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit for EA could provide a list for me on all of the missing content from the original training pack based on the content of Server 2008 R2.

I'm thinking of buying myself a copy and wanted to make a decision as to whether or not to wait for the 2nd edition's of the books.

Thanks

Steven

Certifications: MCTS: Configuring Win 7, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCITP: EA
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I'm working towards the MCITP:EA and am waiting for R2 editions to be released, i've spotted one which is due out in April, so gonna hang on until it's released, some people have said there are some R2 features included in the exams, so will be usefull to read up on them.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I bought the whole set end of last year but what with family life etc getting in the way I have not got very far with them (better get them on ebay quick before they become worthless). There is always the "mastering server 2008 r2" book to wet your appetite if you cannot wait that long

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

Are the 1st editions not fit for purpose now then? And worthless?

Its just I've just purchased a set on eBay at a v good price :(

Certifications: MCTS: Configuring Win 7, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCITP: EA
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Not necessarily worthless just missing a good bit of content now so you have to be careful with things like system specs dont change between 2008 and 2008 r2

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not really. All of the revised exam objectives can be found on the MS website and details on the new features of R2 can also be found on the MS website.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. NeedMoreSleep

NeedMoreSleep Bit Poster

Ah bummer, just got the entire set delivered only last friday, oh well :blink

Certifications: MCSA+Messaging
    WIP: MCITP:Enterprise Admin