MCITP - Help

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by zaverisamir, Nov 2, 2008.

1. zaverisamir

zaverisamir New Member

Hello Fellas

I am planning to give my MCITP for which i have got microsoft pressbook to study. In order to prepare sucessfully for my exams do i need any other study materials, like practise test etc

THanks in advance

2. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Welcome to CF. You actually need to have a foundation on IT before you move on to new generation certs like MCITP. It actually gives you a firm foothold.. You should try A+ first and this will definitely be what every CF member will actually advice on.. For the MS pressbook, its what i normally use for all my microsoft certs and it works for me. but you can also try Sybex materials. BUT start with the BASICS of IT

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  3. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

Could you expand on this a bit for me. I've just passed my first MCP 70-290 with little to no IT experience (but only just with a score of 720). I work in a 3rd level team and am out of my depth. Before that I did work in a 2nd level team, but we were not really exposed to any proper 2nd level work and were basically a service quality team.

Now in a proper 3rd level team, I can deal with basic technical issues, and am studying my MCSE to help fill in the gaps. The guys in the team are very helpful and have brought my basic level of IT knowledge up, but I do feel I need the basics before I can truly go on and benefit from my certification path.

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291
  4. dandan5448505

dandan5448505 Banned

Removed Braindump Link

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's funny, apart from the domain name that sounds quite alot like a well known braindump company, this also starts alarm bell's ringing:

Do not support braindumps, they only devalue the certification process and when caught you can face legal action, get decertified and get banned for life...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Well your feeling is right. You actually need the basics which i have already mentioned earlier and thats why its called "basics", you know just like building a house without a foundation i bet you already know whats bound to happen sooner or later. Then you could actually start off on the MCSA path.

Any reason for taking 290 first

Stay away from braindumps just like Wagnerk said

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  7. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

No, I am not in the least interested in braindumps and don't understand the logic in folk who are. Why go through such a process to get an MCSE and then not be able to fully use it in your day job.....this devalues the MCSE and devalues the stock that employers make of folk with the qualification. I am doing my MCSE for 2 reasons. 1. I really do what the basic grounding in MS technologies as I work with the products daily. 2. If I do want to move on from the Bank I work for, having an MCSE is essential.

Why 290 first? I am fortunate to work with some very clever techies and they advised this one first as is an introductory exam. This was my experience of the course and exam.

I am picking up more and more on a daily basis through system recoveries, which the bank make heavy use of e.g. App X goes down, and all the infrastucture techies from the various teams join an audio which is lead by a recovery manager resonsible for getting the service back via the techies on the call. You can learn a great deal from such calls.

However, working within Web Services means IIS resets most of the time and therefore your scope for learning become more narrow. I really need to get working for a small company where I can be exposed to a wider span of technologies and responsibilites.

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291