MCITP-EA study material ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by adbru, Feb 7, 2011.

1. adbru

adbru New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a request for some advice on what material to use to prep for the EA.

I am going on a bootcamp at the end of the month, I know they are not the best vehicle without hands on experience of 2008 etc etc but its free !
    I was made redundant at the end of Jan and was offered this by an agency to help me get another job.
    Obviously I'm not going to turn down 6k's worth of training !!

I have 25 years experience mainly as a field h/w engineer and previously held mcse nt4.0 , i'm also studying for my ccna and in the final year of my OU degree so I have study skills and hands on experience of w2k/2003.

I know the course is going to be tough so plan to spend the next 3 weeks prepping as best as I can.
    I expect by the end of the second week for the classroom to look like a scene from 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest ! ' :eek:

Thanks in advance for any help

Adrian

Certifications: mcse nt4 (remember that?), mcitp-sa
    WIP: CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I guess you're gonna use whatever material the bootcamp has for you to use.

Had you been using self-study methods, I'd have recommended Microsoft Press or Sybex, as they're usually pretty good for Microsoft exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. adbru

adbru New Member

Cheers BM,

Which sybex book in particular ?
    We will get material on the course but i wanted to get a head start :)

I'm using a sybex book (todd lammle ) for my ccna and its very good !

Adrian

Certifications: mcse nt4 (remember that?), mcitp-sa
    WIP: CCNA
  4. BosonMichael

double post

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. BosonMichael

Each book covers a different exam... and there's only one book per exam.