MCDST your exam experience? Need help. :(

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Revolate, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Revolate

Revolate Nibble Poster

Well, i'm quite nervous I suppose, I dont want to fail on Tuesday! How much do you really have to know to pass 271? I know it over-laps in 272 alot. I've got to the point of serious boredum on revising, and trust me it takes alot to get me bored! :x

Are measure-ups a good source to go off if your ready? :dry

Much appriciated. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, NVQ3, ADITP.
    WIP: Server+ and a nice break?
  2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi,

The pass mark is 700 / 1000 I believe the questions are worth different marks in the exam and you could be asked a question on anything in the syllabes. I would suggest that if you are comfortably hitting 90% in the practice exams and you have gone through the syllabes and have a thorough understanding of each area then you are ready.

MeasureUP are fine, although I also used Transcender exams as well when I did the MCDST. Remember that if you do a practice test more than once you are likely to know the questions and therefore the answers so this may not be a realistic representation of your understanding of the topic area.

Good luck with the exam on Tuesday!

3. Revolate

Revolate Nibble Poster

Ahh I see, I guess I will just do some more measure-ups and read some sum-ups. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, NVQ3, ADITP.
    WIP: Server+ and a nice break?
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Unfortunately no-one knows how much you need to learn/what to focus on - including yourself - until after you've completed the exam - no software beforehand can as they cannot mimmic the real-life experiences and questions that you will be getting - I felt the same way as you for the 271 and did probably for most of the others as well, but you just have to take that chance and see where it takes you - its only £88 anyway.

Secondly, with Microsoft's second shot at the moment, take the 271 now, and if you fail it at least you get another chance again for free - you never know, you may never need it!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293