MCDST With Advent

Discussion in 'A+' started by rd250, Jan 21, 2009.

1. rd250

rd250 New Member

HI This is My First Post
    Can Any Body Point Me TO Some websites with extra content for this exam prefrably FREE!!!
    as currently the book is letting me down tech net is ok but could use a lot of extra help!!!

2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

What's the problem you are having? The Ms press book is normally pretty good, I just passed the 271 exam pretty much just using that. Why not ask if you are issue with something as someone on here is bound to know the answer. Alternatively you could try the Mentoring team that Advent provide.

If you are dead set on other books I think some the the people on here recomended the sybex books, but if you do a search those results will come up.
    good Luck!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. tbone152

tbone152 Nibble Poster

Do you mean the A+? Noticed this is in the Comptia forum. The A+ material Advent supply used to be pretty crap but I thought they'd started using the Mike Meyers books.

T

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270
  4. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

They Had last time I was down there as I was talking to one guy over breakfast who was doing the essentials that he needed the Meyers book, "What like this?" he replies as he pulls out the Advent supplied material. :oops:

Oh well ya live and learn.

Reguardless of which one it is, ask your questions I'm sure someone on here can help.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You normally get what you pay for, good study materials aren't free. However there are some good study resources to help you study, like Proprofs & Cramsession.

Make yourself part of this community and introduce yourself here :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. rd250

rd250 New Member

thanks for the advise already knew about it not every thing has to be paid for their is always other options eg youtube!!!!:)