MCDST upgrade and MCAS

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by OliAdams, Mar 28, 2010.

1. OliAdams

OliAdams New Member

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade my MCDST and i am also studying for the first MCAS exam the vista one, is there one exam i can take which will cover both of these? Would be a shame to pay for basically two identical exams.

Thanks in advance

2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Surely this info can be found on the MS site?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If there was only 1 exam, then there would be only 1 exam. The MCDST is a professional credential made up of two exams. The MCAS exam is a business class (power user) certification which is using the OS, rather than supporting it (which the MCDST covers).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Jonny70

Jonny70 Bit Poster

For MCDST you must take 70-271 and 70-272
    For MCAS you must take 77-600.

If you are interested in a MCITP and MCTS (Vista configuration) you can take one exam after you have the MCDST and upgrade and get both the MCITP and MCTS by passing 70-621.

I'm not sure what your goals are, or what you are trying to achieve on a macro level. Let me know if you have any further questions.