MCDST Studying Problem

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ICS are Cr@p, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ICS are Cr@p

ICS are Cr@p Bit Poster

Can someone PLEASE help me?!

I bought a course from ICS (seen my username?!!) and what turned up was 2 CD-Roms of video's, and two thick books. (One for the 271 exam and one for the 272).
    I thought the CD-ROM Videos would work for me so went through them, then realised there is loads more in the books that isn't on the CD-ROM's.. so began looking at the books. Thing is the books read like they're activity books and you're in a classroom with an instructor. i.e. "Step 1: Using an Administrator account log on to the Windows 2003 computer that will be sharing the files.." Erm... what?! I chose home study.. i didn't expect to have to learn like this..

I'm trying to study, but can't seem to find a methodical approach to work through. It just seems to be all over the place... Please help?

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What were you expecting mate?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What are the books? Are they MOC, or ICS branded?
    Is there any sort of guidance as to what you should be doing with them?
    Have you called ICS to ask for help?

Ultimately there is a lot of training material out there, some designed for classrooms, some designed for home study. Some TPs write their own, some just re-sell someone else's.

The problem you face, should you try to complain, is proving that it isn't fit for purpose.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD