MCDST Saga

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DrHogg, Jan 5, 2010.

1. DrHogg

DrHogg Bit Poster

Spent a month studying for the 70-271 and 70-272, but mostly 271. Having already done the 70-270 and way too many years of experience, I was told I should find both 271 and 272 easy, but especially 272. I'm still unsure I will agree because..

I had the 70-271 booked for today, but the testing centre suffered problems and so I could not take the exam. The IT guy was quite full of himself and I felt quite ashamed since I do a similar job and sitting there was a guy who wants to get in to the IT industry, I couldn't help thinking, "Please understand we're not ALL like that guy!"

I mean really, is it considered good people skills these days to huff and puff and say to your customers, "Well that's another late night for me re-imaging computers!" followed by stomping out of the office? I don't think it is, and I couldn't help but say to the receptionist, "He should be greatful he even has a job." ... She agreed.

I was given a ticket number and told to call Prometric to reschedule; which I have done at another centre nearby for tomorrow morning. At least it gives me a few more hours to brush up and skim read a few pages. But it looks like Prometric may have screwed up and now charged me a second time for the same exam. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    WIP: 70-682
  2. DrHogg

DrHogg Bit Poster

Hah! Oh my. Five inches of snow and I say to myself, "Only God can stop me from doing to this exam!"

It took 3 hours to get to the testing centre (it should take 45 minutes.) When I arrived I was politely informed that the Prometric staff member was not in yet and that they should know in half an hour if he will be able make it in ... he couldn't.

I called Prometric and chose the complaints option instead of the re-booking. I explained all the problems I have had; they re-arranged the exams to be next week and the following, apologised for the experiences I have encountered and solved the problems; then they went a step further and promised a refund for one of the two exams. That's quite responsible of them so I'm grateful for their gesture.

Back to the books! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, well good luck for when you do take the exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. DrHogg

DrHogg Bit Poster

Third time lucky? Nah..
    The testing centre kept me waiting for 20 minutes and then decided to tell me that actually they don't do Prometric exams any more and haven't since December. So err, "why was it booked for here last week?" It appears that the testing centre in question are incompetent. Plus, I wouldn't trust them after seeing what their main business is..

They are one of these delightful companies that find your CV online promise they have a potential job for you, get you to come to an interview and then try to sell you training material and courses, so instead of getting a job you end up paying £15k+. It's amazing how many of their customers are disgruntled that they got scammed and openly talking about it in the reception area.

Called Prometric again, re-arranged again. Took 70-271 this lunch time and .. passed. Thank God for that!

Not without trouble mind you! The exam crashed halfway through and some of those questions were just plain nasty. I had at least 5 questions where at least two answers would have been perfectly valid, but of course with any exam it's a case of "but which one is more valid?" I don't like that, it's a dirty way of doing an exam. Still, I've passed so thankfully I won't have to take it again.

Next up is the 70-272!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:) and thanks for sharing your experience.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell