MCDST Passed!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by thecresta, May 16, 2011.

1. thecresta

thecresta Bit Poster

Hi All,

I've been loitering around this site for a while now, and although I've been an IT Engineer for a few years now I've never actually done any exams.

In March I considered the MCDST exams, but as they were expiring soon I didn't think I would have enough time to do them. So I started reading for the 70-270. Towards the middle of April I changed my mind and thought "what have I got to lose?" and booked the 70-271...

From my experience, booking the exam was the hardest thing to do. Once the deadline is set, reading the stuff somehow gets easier (mainly because you have to :biggrin ). Once the first exam was done, I booked the second one straight away.

Oh, and to those still to sit the exams - be confident, they're not as bad as you expect them to be!

Good luck! :thumbleft

Last edited: May 16, 2011
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST (70-271, 70-272), MCTS (70-680), (70-290)
    WIP: MCSA, MCITP, EIEIO
  2. thecresta

thecresta Bit Poster

A bit more advice ;)

If you look at a question, and can't get your head around it or are even the slightest bit unsure, immediately mark it for review and move on.

Don't panic over one question! Come back to it at the end after you've done some easier ones. You will have plenty of time at the end of the exam to have a good think about them, and by then your head will be clearer as you won't be panicking about how much time is left, or the difficulty of the questions ahead!

I found the questions I'd skipped were actually fairly easy, but the panicking made them appear tricky. I even skipped some questions on the second run-through, moving on to less tricky ones.

The good thing about doing this is that you can look at the review and say "I know the ones that I've answered are definitely right". I'm sure this will make you feel better about clicking the End button ;)

Hope this helps!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST (70-271, 70-272), MCTS (70-680), (70-290)
    WIP: MCSA, MCITP, EIEIO
  3. thirdno3

thirdno3 Bit Poster

Some good advice

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good advice there.

When I do MS exams I mark every question for review as I find there is always time to go back through the entire exam again. I even do it if I am 100% sure on the answer.

I also find that generally your first assumption is always the correct answer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?