MCDST, MCSE - Computeach & Firebrand

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Johnd827, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Johnd827

Johnd827 New Member

I'm visiting Firebrand at the begining of September to do my MCSA on Windows 2003. Has anyone used them? I'm also using Computeach to do my 70-272 exam and to upgrade me MCSA to the MCSE. I've been studying for the 70-272 exam for two weeks and I'm going to the Computeach training centre tomorrow for a two day training course and to sit the 70-272 exam.

I've been working in IT support for 6 years, supporting Windows XP and Windows 2003.

Does anyone have any experience of using Firebrand (formely Training Camp) or Computeach? I'd like to know what to expect.

I wanted to get the 70-272 exam done before I started the MCSA so I could hopefully achieve the MCDST and MCSA in September. Hopefully by this time on Tuesday night I'll have my first MCP.

WIP: MCDST and MCSE
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Why 2 separate training providers....What you get from Computeach, is what you should get from Firebrand, generally all of the them have the same training structure...
    Good Luck...

3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Have you thought about the self-study route as well? You could save hundreds of pounds

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Johnd827

Johnd827 New Member

I signed up for the MCSE with Computeach about 4 years ago. My girlfriend at the time paid for the course as a Christmas present. I had the 70-271 course books and just didn't get around to starting it.

My company has now put me forward to do the MCSA at firebrand so I thought i'd phone Computeach and see if I could do the extra modules to upgrade the MCSA to the MCDST and the MCSE. I didn't hold out much hope after 4 years but they've been pretty good. They sent me the books for the 70-272, gave me access to Microsoft E-Learning for the 70-272 and have now given me two days classroom training and the exam tomorrow. I don't remember them being so accomodating 4 years ago. I think that was one of the main reasons I gave up so easily.

5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

isnt that free anyway?... i am sure i signed up to that and not used it.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  6. Johnd827

Johnd827 New Member

No, the E-Learning course is £299 on the Microsoft website. There is a free MCDST E-Learning course on there but it's not the complete course. I downloaded that too, expecting it to be the full course. It just shows a few slides of what is required for the MCDST. i should've know, Microsoft doesn't give anything away for free!!! Ha!