mcdst job prospect with no experience

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by 2036789, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

hi i have an IT degree in 2008, and I want to get an IT related job would getting a MCDST help me get an entry level job without any experience

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes it would, start applying for jobs now though...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

sparky thanks for the response, were the ms press book practic exams sufficient for you to pass the exam or did you other practice exams too

4. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

2036789, I can't answer for Sparky, but its really a double-edged sword concerning the MS Press books. The MS books are a great way to learn, and I'd say the books are paramount towards passing the MCDST but really it's all down to how confident you are. I don't mean to sound disheartening, but I read the MS press books from start to finish, and there were some questions in the actual exam which the book didn't touch apon whatsoever.

In a nutshell; the books put you on the right track, but really it all boils down to how confident you are, and your own personal experience in working with computers...

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  5. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Why havent you been able to get a job in IT with just a degree?

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Like i just wrote in another thread IT graduates currently have one of the worst unemployment records due to the current economic climate . However, does make me wonder why 2036789 didn't start earlier.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  7. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

A lot of IT jobs ask for MS certs now so are often needed to just to get an interview. Due to the job market employers can hold out for the more qualified and experienced applicants. Do everything you can to make your cv stand out from others. I am just finishing off my masters degree but have the 70-272 exam tomorrow. This is to complete the MCDST.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP