MCDST - Course Lab Virtual PCs Images

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Leey2000k, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Leey2000k

Leey2000k Bit Poster

Hi Guys, :biggrin

I recently went on a MCDST week long training course and throughout the course we used 2 Virtual PC's running in Virtual PC; one was the domain Controller "LONDON" and the other Virtual PC was "BON" - The trainer did say that these could both be downloaded, however I cannot find them anywhere.

Have any of you guys heard of them or know when I could get them from as my exams are in 2 weeks and i wanted to practise using them????

Thanks in advance :)

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCSDT
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I suspect that these are specific to the training provider.

Have you asked them?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

if you are referring to the images, then like Harry mentioned, speak to TP
    if you are referring to the application, virtual PC then click here

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I doubt you would just be able to download and use them (legally) since they would have copies of Server 2003 and XP installed on the virtual machines. And even if they were trial editions, they wouldn't last long before they expired.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I also used the same virtual pc's, London and Bonn in my training course. If you didn't download them when you were there then you missed out. They are fully functional with no time limits as they are licensed to the training school through VLK (I think). The downside is that it is illegal if you did manage to download them.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I, too have used London, Bon, Vancouver and the other MS virtual images. As far as i am aware, they are bound to the trainer who is teaching you. As a trainer, he/she has access to these images and are licensed for the classroom training only.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Leey2000k

Leey2000k Bit Poster

8) Oh right I thought so.

Thanks for the info guys :D

Lee

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCSDT