MCDBA Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ross, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Guy came around from NITLC last night. Seemed very nice, very honest! One difference I have found with NITLC and Advent Training in the course duration! NITLC were very relaxed about it with a two-year period and free extensions available (about 6 hours a week), where as Advent were very strict on twelve months (about 15 hours a week). NITLC had no Workshops involved in the MCDBA just Microsoft press books, where as Advent had about eight or twelve workshops and cds and software included? Although NITLC did say I could go down to their headquarters whenever I wanted and spend a day or a few days with them, they had classrooms available for some one-2-one support.

NITLC wanted £2800 and Advent want £3500.

So far so good, one down two to go!

Ross

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Hi I am considering the same course with computeach, they quoted £4200 or £5200 with MCAD. It sounds a very interesting course and from what the advisor told me it opens alot of doors. What are your IT skills like Ross? I am just curious as I need to know the level of knowledge required to take this course. Computeach do an IT fundementals section before starting the course though i'm still not sure whether you need to have a sufficient amount of knowledge of databases and programming, or be working in IT already. Cheers.

3. Kes123

Kes123 Banned

Ask both companies, what percentage of students to students who enroll actually complete there courses and go on to get an IT job

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You have made your point repeatedly on several posts now kes123. Please refrain from this, as it appears to be spamming, not least with what seems to be ulterior motives.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

On a brighter note, im doing a Computeach course myself and there are always post from people passing there exams and progressing through there courses in the CT forums. I myself am finding my studies easy to understand and have got to stage 3 in under a month, so i think the alloted 2 year study period shouldnt be a problem.
    The only way i can see people not getting through the course is by not spending enough time studying or just throwing there course in the bin, if its a problem with the content then theres a whole comunity doing a similar course and Tutors that are available to explain things to you and im sure NITLC offer the same service.
    The number of people appearing here each day on the forums doing the MCDBA or an MCAD seems to be increasing making the resources found here better and better.

Frontier,

The IT Fundamentals are Stage 1 and 2 and require no prior knowledge at all. They explain the history of computers how they work, the different hardware inside, how programming works and evolved, databases, the internet just to mention a few and is explained in easily understandable terms so anybody with no knowledge would find them usefull.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  6. Kes123

Kes123 Banned

I would hardly call it spammimg as I am not recommending any other training organisations. I am simply trying to make people aware of thekind of questions that they should be asking before they spend there money

7. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

I think youve mixed up spamming and advertising, as posting the same reply 5 times when just one post would of done could be called spamming.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD