MCAD Language

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by AvD, Jun 29, 2008.

1. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

I'm currently working through the MCAD via the MSPRESS books, currently using the Developing Web Applications book (70-305/70-315).

At the end of the chapters are review questions i'm not that far in currently and i've noticed it asking me vb specific questions and C# specific questions, What i'm wondering is am i required to know both languages to take the exam, or can i just do it in C#?

WIP: A+, MCAD
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See here.

See here.

If you actually check out the different exams you can take, it show's two tracks the VB .net route and the C# route.

Hope this helps

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Thanks, I had previously checked those routers out (some months ago), i just got abit concerned after seeing that question in the book, with the book asking questions specific to a language.

Thanks again for clearing that up.

WIP: A+, MCAD
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The current MCP system means that you take a different exam depending on the language you are using.
    On the 'new' developer exams, you sit the same exam but select the appropriate language from a drop down at the start.

Before you get cracking, decide which language you are going to go for.
    This will depend on your experience, however check out some job ads first.
    C# seems to be more in demand, but VB is supposed to be easier to learn.

Also, if you are just starting out on an MCAD, don't forget that the exams retire end of March 2009 so you'll have to pass all three before then.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD