Manpower GLC, Network + Course.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Griffon, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Griffon

Griffon Bit Poster

Hi All,

I recently completed the A+ through self-study with the Meyers book. I have read the Groth/Meyers thread on the forum and have plumbed for the Meyers and then use another source once I have covered Meyers to fill in any gaps.

I work in Tech Support for an ISP who outsourced their staff to IBM/Manpower some time ago. Now, Manpower have training materials for employeer covering LOADS of stuff inc MS Certs, Comptia and Cisco.

So eventually to the question, has anyone looked at these courses and if so how do you rate them specifically the Network + one. They are provided by Skill Point so people may have experience with them from another employer.

Any info appreciated.

Certifications: A Degree, A+
    WIP: Network+, MCDST
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

never heard of them sorry. What i would do is get both meyers and groth - ok a little steep but looking at the fee you will be paying to pass maybe its worth it. Then look at transcenders (again pricey but VERY WORTH IT). You could always sell one of the books and keep one for reference. :biggrin

personally this is what i would do.....

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. GW

GW Byte Poster

In a word: boring, the training material that they provide is very dry and boring. The ones I have viewed from when I was with Manpower it would not be enough to go for certification with, typically the courses are high-level meaning they hardly scratch the surface of any topic.

They are good to see if you would be interested in the topic but I wouldn't use them as your primary or even secondary source of training material.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  4. Griffon

Griffon Bit Poster

Thanks GW, the little I saw of them did strike me as being a little Playschool-ish.

I was trying to avoid spending more money than needed. Looks like Amazon is going to get more custom!

Zimbo, are the transcenders resalable or are they non-transferable. I am not too bothered about buying extras as long as I know I can get some money back from selling them on when done with them.

Certifications: A Degree, A+
    WIP: Network+, MCDST