Mac remote desktop for windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Sep 9, 2014.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey guys

Im looking at a new way to install software remotely for windows pcs mainly. For the macs we have Apple remote desktop, which is extremely great in installing software, pity its just for macs etc.

We use AB tutor, which is supposed to let you install software, but doesnt and i have been looking to use something else.

Anyone got any tips. If it can match the greatness of the apple RD that would be fab, Ive got microsoft remote desktop connection for mac, which im going to install and try tomorrow.

This will need to be free, or extremely cheap as i work in education and i would like to be able to group suites of pcs and install lots of software in one go, and even install offline, like i could do with thee Apple RD etc.

I know its a big ask and will probably not tick all thee boxes, but id like to try

Cheers

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Scripting and deploying it with a targeted group policy would do the job, its free apart from the bit of time it takes to figure it out. Also MDT Microsoft Deployment toolkit is a good deployment. I carry it around with me for work as it is a flexible way of getting operating systems and applications deployed very quickly.
    Check it out Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - MDT, Free Tool, Windows, Server

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Cheers Dales

Will do that

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680