M6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by RoughNeckTwoZero, Sep 14, 2010.

1. RoughNeckTwoZero

RoughNeckTwoZero New Member

Hello all

First post. Big fan of the forum. I'm off to to the official MS Course for 70-642 next week. Has anyone done this? What did you think?

Cheers

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

If it follows the MOC then it's good, of course you have to have a good understanding of the tech involved.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I sat one through New Horizons a few months ago. It was decent. It followed the MOC. My only complaint was that the instructor seemed bored throughout the training. The material was pretty good though, but absolutely NO WAY a replacement for good hands on stuff. I personally get more out of just reading the Certification guides and following the labs on my own. There was simply too much spoon feeding for my tastes. I didn't feel as though I learned as much as I could have, given the material.

Hope this helps!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822