LPIC-1 certification done

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by purana, Nov 1, 2011.

1. purana

purana Nibble Poster

I completed my LPIC-1 Exam 101 in Oct and today completed LPIC-1 Exam 102. So I should have the LPIC-1 cert show up on my LPI profile. Now I need to do LPIC-2 (2 more exams).

DOnt think I will do a LPIC-3 cert, but we will see what happens. Work wants me to do some Solaris stuff, so will dig out course requirement and see if they want to send me.

Cheers

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Have you got the Novell CLA yet?

"On February 9th, 2010 Novell and the Linux Professional Institute announced an international partnership to standardize their entry-level Linux certification programs on LPIC-1. Under the terms of the agreement, all qualified LPIC-1 holders will have the opportunity to apply for Novell CLA certification without additional exams or fees."

NOVELL Certification Partnership | Linux Professional Institute (LPI)

3. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Yeah I applied for the Novell CLA and got it post my LPIC-1 being posted on my LPI profile. All too easy. A free cert :)

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE