LOST

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Sep 25, 2005.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Any fans of Channel 4's LOST?

I came accross this site when reading into the program www.oceanic-air.com, have a good nosy around any you'll find a few intersting things. Dont you ugys from the other side of the pond spoil things for us were only on episode 8

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This is pretty cool aswell: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/L/lost/main.html

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's great isn't it?
    Like Jurassic Park without the special effects.
    And why was the engine running for the first three episodes?
    What was is running on?
    Why wasn't it moving? Even on idle an engine that big would have ploughed down the beach.
    Why didn't they turn it off? It must have given them a headache.
    Just goes to show that health and safety is the first thing to go in a survival situation. Any responsible adult would have taped off around it and put a sign up 'danger of being sucked into a jet intake'.

Just in case it wasn't obvious...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

I thought the engine was only running on the first episode till that guy got sucked in, then no more running for either of them. :)

I could be wrong though.

That site is good, there are loads of clues if you look hard enough.
    Also, you will get access to another site with a "secret" forum for people who have managed to figure out that much.

Loads of work being put in by the marketing guys.

Great show, nearly as good as 24 :)

Neall

WIP: A+
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Maybe...
    It seemed longer though. :blink

7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I've watched the whole of the first season, its a very intersting series, sort of a lord of the flies meets jurasic park meets 24
    I'm a bit pissed off that they have released season 1 'part 1' dvd set, at 30ish quid for half the season, its taking the mick, but from what i can understand by your above posts, they havnt aired the whole of season 1 in the UK yet? and in which case they would lose alot of revenue if people bought the DVDs and DIDNT bother watching it on tv anymore (ads, syndication, etc)

Season 2 sees some new cast members, which is interesting, considering the time they have spent on the island already, apparantly michelle rodriguez (Fast and Furious, SWAT) will be in the cast, cant wait :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

Yeah we are only on E:8 i think.
    I know some people who have bought the complete season 1 on Ebay.

Check here Phoenix.

WIP: A+
  9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

got the whole 1st series myself and I really like it too...the new series started in the US last week and from what I have read on some sites its getting better by the second.....I just dont have much time to watch it on TV as I have other programs to watch that clash with Lost...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

thought u said u watched the whole of the 1st series mate? didnt you see her in one of the episodes there? I wont spoil it for the rest of u who havent seen that episode but Phoenix mate she has appeared already and yes it would be nice to see more of her...so if she's set to be cast again in series 2 well cant wait...:D

11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

she did? man i must of missed that scene! lol
    now your making me think about re watching all 20 odd episodes just to find the bit i missed LOL
    just got S2 Episode 1, w00t!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

once my broadband gets put in 2mro...not only will i get the 1st episode of series 2 but I will also be awaiting episode1 of series 5 of Smallville...this will be the best series yet...anyone else watch Smallville?