LOST ALL MY CERTS

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by maori_boy, Aug 18, 2005.

1. maori_boy

maori_boy New Member

Hello
    I am MCP,MCDST and A+ certified i lost my port folio which has all my certs and other stuff i just want to know how would it cost to get them replace

there is a web site that provides replicas of your certs
    http://www.ntxstar.com/page4.html
    has any one delt with these guys they say they legit lol well thats what they say
    some of the images of the certs
    (MCP)
    http://www.ntxstar.com/Ntxpics/Microsoft/MCPstyle1.jpg
    (MCDST)
    http://www.ntxstar.com/Ntxpics/Microsoft/MCDSTstyle1.jpg :(

2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Just contact Microsoft and Comptia. If you can provide proof of who you are you should be able to get the paper certificates again.

I lost my first set of paperwork from Microsoft. All I had to do to get it replaced was to email the mcp support people and get things replaced. They did it for nothing.

What were the exact steps? I don't remember. It's been more than a year ago.

If you've lost your numbers and all then you probably have to jump through a few more hoops than I did, but I would think it's still possible. I'd start by going to the testing center and ask them for the records they have of when you took your exams. That should get you a pretty good starting place.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

not that the papers THAT important
    some of my certs are so old I dont have a clue where they are
    only time I have EVER needed them was when applying for my masters degree, and a print out electronically of my transcript from MS was good enough to satisfy that

but if you contact MS they WILL send u a new welcome pack (at no charge last time i checked)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

taken from http://www.ntxstar.com/about.html
    oh, hardihar, hear me laugh... :blink

as mentioned by the others, you're better off contacting microsoft and comptia directly. :thumbleft

5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Are these people even TRYING to verify that you actually have these certifications before ordering any of the "replicas"?

This appears above the womans head on the home page. Respect is one thing......actually PROVING you can do the job is another.

Oh....and I just discovered this. Go to the their home page, and look at the title bar of your browser:

To me, this is even worse than braindumping. If this is the case, all you have to do is send them $70, provide your name and a fake MCP number, and they send you a "certificate".

Sorry for sounding harsh, I'm just tired of honest people working their azzez off the honest way while the crooks of the world are ruining the IT field.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

amen brother geek

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Oh My God... That's absolutely shocking!
    What is the point in that?
    Half of them even have the old MCP logo on them.
    What kind of person would spend $70 on a certificate for a qualification that he didn't have and then feel good about himself?
    How is that site still operating?

They don't even get one of those wickedly sharp lapel pins that you can open tin cans with...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. albzip

albzip New Member

Hi everybody ,
    I have lost one of my certification, can you tell me another place to get it , because www.ntxstar.com is not working ...
    thanks

9. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i assumed the overal conclusion to such problem was made pretty clear in this thread.
    your best option is to contact the original cert provider. so if it's a microsoft cert, get in touch with microsoft. if it's a comptia cert, call comptia.

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Brain dumps, fake certs.. ........what’s the world coming to?

Are some people afraid of hard work? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Only those that don't have what it takes mentally or the time and money to get them the legitimate way :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)