Looks like there will be an RC3

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by tripwire45, Mar 9, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Got a notice from my current build of VMware that it expires in 7 days (well...six now). I posted on the VMware beta boards and received a prompt reply that RC3 will be released for download before the 15th. Looks like we don't have a final build yet. Be interesting to see what the final product looks like.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Yup using it at work, mine too will expire in 6 days now, hehe, all this uninstalling re/installing is a pain, maybe they will of fixed that bug

and I want context sensitive menues ffs!
    I want to be able to right click on the 'mini console' screen when in team mode, and get the VM menu pop up, so i can shut down, restart, JUSt that VM, not the whole team
    ahh well :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Unless you have already done so, why not pop over to the VMware Beta boards and suggest it. A tad late to get it into v5 but you never know about v6. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Forgot to mention, RC3 came out saturday morning all :)
    not far now I hope!!
    remember if you buy VMWare 4.5 now from vmware.com you get a free upgrade to 5, so no need to hold off

#########
    Dear VMware customer,

=========
    Note: Serial keys you have now will expire shortly. New serial keys will be automatically sent to you when you download RC3 binaries.
    =========

We are pleased to announce that VMware Workstation 5 RC3 is now available. This release includes many fixes reported by our beta customers.

You can download the binaries by clicking on Download Beta at: http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws5_beta.html.

Once you download the binaries from the location above, your serial keys will be automatically sent to you via email.

Thank you for participating in the beta program. We look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

The VMware Team
    ############

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0