Looking for Web Design Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pieman1981, Dec 20, 2007.

1. pieman1981

pieman1981 New Member

Hello,

I am looking to start a web deisgn course in the near future. I have contacted a few companies, mainly Computeach and London School Computer Education (LSCE).

Coputeach is offering a 9/10 month course self study course for £2150, and LSCE is offering a 10week go to their college course for £850.

Does anyone have experience of either of these..or any other course they reccommend.

Any help would be great.

Regards

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

*BUMP*

3. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

i have not done the webdesign course, but UK IT training do offer a web design course, and i've had some pretty goo dluck so far with the MCSE course they offer

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  4. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

Open university are doing a web design and management course - 6x12 week courses starting in Feb. Do a seach on the OU web site certificate in web design and management or TT280 for the first course. It's fairly intensive but you learn a lot fairly quickly.

HTH

Damo

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Another option you may want to consider is CIW. They have different levels and courses that you may find useful.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Hi

I have also been looking for web design courses, and had a look at the open university certificate in Web applications development, but I think it might be more for a web developer, than a web designer. I am now considering the Master CIW Designer course, but would be interested in any other opinions about the OU one.

Certifications: MA Digital Arts
  7. Indo77

Indo77 Nibble Poster

If you are looking to be a developer, you need to find courses that cover computer science disciplines. There are degrees, HNCs and HNDs out there. Microsoft run certs in .Net but be warned you will need to have some experience of C# or VB.Net as these certs don't teach you the languages. If design is your choice, then you should be considering Multimedia or Graphic Design courses.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) HNC
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Best way of learning web design is by buying a few books and maybe a design package - then get your hands dirty!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. Omaima

Omaima New Member

Hiya you could try Advent they are quite good, but they do charge quite a bit

Certifications: BSC hons Computer Studies
    WIP: web design