Looking for UK experience in IT

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by deshimorich, Jan 27, 2008.

1. deshimorich

deshimorich New Member

Hi everybody,

I have passed A+ and Network+ certifications on November 2007 and January 2008 respectively. My visa status is work permit (IGS) which will be expired on 31 October 2008. I have some IT work experiences (desktop/Network support) from my previous jobs before coming in the UK in 2005 as a student. I have applied for hundreds of jobs through IT recruitment job sites (CWJobs, TotalJobs, etc). I have got a few telephone calls from some agents but after that all quiet on the other front. I am looking for contract/temporary/voluntary jobs such that I can implement my IT knowledge and get some UK work experience. Can anybody help me or give some advices? By the way, I am studying hard to obtain CCNA certification and my target for achieving this is May 2008.

Thanking you all.

deshimorich

2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

And your country of origin is?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. deshimorich

deshimorich New Member

Dear drum_dude,

Thank you for your response. My country of origin is Bangladesh.

Thanking you,

deshimorich

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Where in the UK are you based. You shouldn't have too much trouble trying to get call centre IT work - companies such as:

CapGemini
    Capita
    Logica CMG
    Fujitsu
    IBM
    BT
    Serco ITNET

are always crying out for 1st line call centre people. Try contacting them direct to see if they can give you details of their preferred recruiters!

Good luck

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. deshimorich

deshimorich New Member

Dear drum_dude,

Thank you for your valuable information. I am going to use the information to reach my goal, if my luck favours.

deshimorich

6. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster