Looking for some information.......

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Dizzle, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Dizzle

Dizzle New Member

Hi all,

I want to book my 220-701 at the end of this month and there is a few things I would like to know, so any answers would be greatly appreciated.

First off, Exam Vouchers, I'm looking to take the exam at VUE in Lincoln. If I purchase an exam voucher online, how long after I have purchased the voucher can I book my test? I get paid on the 25th of April and I'm looking to book on the 3rd/4th May, is this likely to happen or is there a long wait?

When you take the test how long are you given and approx how many questions? And if you pass, apart from a certificate, do you get any goodies?

And finally, anybody had an exam at VUE Lincoln, if so what's the venue like?

Cheers,

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I used GraceTech Solutions for my CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 vouchers. Make sure you purchase International Vouchers if you will be testing outside of the US. The vouchers turned up within 5-10 minutes of purchase via email. You simply book the exam with the provider you selected on GraceTech Solutions, either Pearson or Prometric - I'd use Pearson, as Prometric are soon to be no longer a testing centre for CompTIA.

When you get to the basket on Pearson's website, simply enter the voucher code.

90 Minutes and 100 questions, you do get a small survey and introduction which are not part of you allotted time. See the CompTIA website for up-to-date information.

As far as goodies, I got a Certificate and Credit Card Sized CompTIA Card - no real goodies as such! :cry:

Good luck!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Dizzle

Dizzle New Member

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!