Looking For A Non-Technical IT Certification

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by andylad9, Apr 28, 2013.

1. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Why? I would like to develop my all round skill set such as communication, time and people management etc. I want to strengthen these qualities to better myself in my role.

Is there such a thing? Any suggestions, a certification or course perhaps? I’ll even listen to someone telling me I’m lost and being daft!?

I've looked at ITIL, but my firm hasn't implemented it and I’m no manager. Project+ touches on some of those aspects, but not enough to justify it. I can always continue with my server studies.

Cheers

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

What about an ILM course. They are always popular throughout business.

Depends what job you do now, the ECDL might be worth it.

dmarsh likes this.
  3. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

thanks for your help...i'll certainly look into those

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Who says that you have to be a manager to learn/do the ITIL foundation? Or if that doesn't meet your requirements, there are also alternative/comparable best/good best methodologies that you can do, such as FITS or MOF :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

This.

Don't be restricted by your current job role or your employers current setup, apart from anything else if you grab something like the ITIL qualification and they decide to implement ITIL you will have put yourself front of the queue for the project.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Interesting thread... I have been looking at doing something similar but been looking at books from Amazon and websites... May have to look into ITIL a little more...

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Does ITIL really help with this :- "communication, time and people management" ?

The ILM stuff sounds interesting.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, yes if followed as what it is; a methodology. And not what people make it out to be: a set standard or rules.

From what I've seen, it's the implementation of it that gives it a "bad" name to many.

It's ok, I did the ILM NVQ in Management over 9 months (approx), enjoyed it.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security